FINANCE APPLICATION PRIVACY COLLECTION NOTICE
Walker Stores Pty Ltd ACN 007 973 962 in its capacity as trustee of the Walker Family Unit Trust ABN 77 371 865 846 (WSPL)
Australian Credit License Number 393023
108 Main North Road, Prospect, South Australia, 5082 (PO Box 87)
Part A – Personal Information
We collect personal information about you when you apply to us for finance, whether in the form of rental or loan finance (Finance Agreement). Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles when we deal with your personal information. These set out minimum standards about how we can collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
If you ask us, we must give you access to personal information that we hold about you unless the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) says that we do not have to. Please address any access requests to our Privacy Officer at the address shown above.
We collect and hold personal information about you for the purposes of:
- processing and considering your application to obtain credit from us;
- checking your identity;
- assessing your credit eligibility and your ability to make repayments;
- providing you with services and statements and managing our Finance Agreement with you; and
- informing you about goods or services we think might interest you (we will respect your privacy and you may elect not to receive this information at the end of this form or at any time after completing this form by contacting us using the details above).
We may obtain personal information about you from your employer and referees. We may also contact your referees or employer during the Finance Agreement if we need their help to contact you. Please make sure that your referees and employer agree to you naming them in your finance application, and are aware we may contact them in relation to your application or during the Finance Agreement if we need to contact you.
We may obtain information about you from a credit reporting body or disclose details about you to that body (see Part B of this Privacy Form headed ‘Notice of disclosure to a credit reporting body’). We may disclose personal information about you to agents or contractors who act on our behalf to collect debts or recover goods, service contractors such as electricians and refrigerator mechanics who help us to comply with our service obligations under the Finance Agreement and our solicitors and accountants. The identity of these service providers may change from time to time.
We may disclose your information to our related bodies corporate. We do not disclose your personal information to any unrelated third parties for direct marketing purposes.
We keep your application for the duration of your Finance Agreement with us. If your application is unsuccessful we will usually keep the application for two years to compare against any future applications that you may make. Normally, we will destroy unsuccessful applications after two years.
- how you may access the personal information about you that we hold;
- how you may seek the correction of personal information about you that we hold;
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act or a registered APP code that binds us, and how we will deal with such a complaint;
- that we are not likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information which is requested in connection with your finance application, then we may not be able to properly assess your application and we may consequently reject your application to obtain credit from us.
Part B – Notice of disclosure to a credit reporting body
As a credit provider, WSPL is bound by Part IIIA of the Privacy Act when it deals with your credit information and credit eligibility information. Under s21D(2) of the Privacy Act, WSPL is allowed to give your credit information to a credit reporting body. WSPL deals with the credit reporting bodies Veda Advantage Ltd ACN 080 662 568 (Veda) and Experian Australia Pty Ltd ACN 082 851 474 (Experian). You can find out more information about Veda or obtain a copy of its credit reporting policy by accessing its website www.veda.com.au or by writing to Veda at PO Box 964, North Sydney, NSW 2059. You can find out more information about Experian or obtain a copy of its credit reporting policy by accessing its website www.experian.com.au or by writing to Experian at Level 6, 549 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004 or by phoning (03) 8699 0100.
WSPL discloses the following kinds of credit information to credit reporting bodies, as referred to in section 6N of the Privacy Act:
- identification information such as:
- full name, former names, sex, date of birth;
- a maximum of three addresses consisting of a current or last known address and two immediately previous addresses;
- name of current or last known employer;
- driver’s licence number;
- consumer credit liability information;
- a statement that an information request has been made in relation to you by us;
- the fact that you have applied to WSPL for credit;
- the fact that WSPL is a current credit provider to you;
- default information such as payments of more than $150 which become at least 60 days overdue and for which collection action has commenced;
- personal insolvency information; and
- the opinion of WSPL that, in circumstances specified by WSPL, you have committed a serious credit infringement.
This information may be given by WSPL before, during or after the provision of credit to you. Veda may include this information in reports provided to credit providers other than WSPL to assist them to assess your credit worthiness. If you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to consumer credit or commit a serious credit infringement, WSPL may be entitled to disclose this to Veda.
You have the following rights pursuant to the Privacy Act:
- to access credit eligibility information from WSPL;
- to request that WSPL correct your credit information and credit eligibility information;
- to make a complaint to WSPL;
- to request that Veda not use its credit reporting information about you for the purpose of pre-screening of direct marketing by WSPL;
- to request that Veda not use or disclose its credit reporting information about you, if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud.
WSPL’s Credit Reporting Policy contains the following information:
- how you may access the credit eligibility information that we hold about you;
- how you may seek the correction of credit information or credit eligibility information that we hold about you;
- how you may complain about a failure of WSPL to comply with Division 3 of Part IIIA of the Privacy Act or the registered Credit Reporting Privacy Code which binds it and how it will deal with such a complaint; and
- that WSPL is not likely to disclose credit information or credit eligibility information to entities that do not have an Australian link.
Full details of WSPL’s practices with respect to the management of credit information and credit eligibility information are contained in its Credit Reporting Policy. You can obtain a copy of this Policy either on the website www.inrent.com.au/policies/credit-reporting-policy/ or by writing to WSPL at the address above.
Part C – Acknowledgments and Consents
I/We as Applicant(s) for credit from WSPL:
- Acknowledge that I have read and understand Part A of this Privacy Form headed ‘Personal Information’.
- Authorise WSPL to collect information about me from my employer and my referees for the purpose of my/our application and for any purposes related to a Finance Agreement approved pursuant to that application.
- Acknowledge that WSPL may have collected the personal information referred to in this form from its related parties or other unrelated retailers in accordance with your application, if you make that application via any such other company or retailer.
- Acknowledge having been informed of the contents in Part B of this Privacy Form headed ‘Notice of disclosure to a credit reporting body’.
- Advise that, if WSPL considers it relevant to assessing my/our application I/We agree in accordance with the provisions of s21H of the Privacy Act, to WSPL obtaining credit information about my/our commercial activities or credit eligibility information from a credit reporting body.
- Advise that, if WSPL considers it relevant to collecting overdue payments in respect of credit provided to me, I/We agree in accordance with the provisions of s20E(3)(a) of the Privacy Act, to WSPL receiving personal information about me/us in relation to collecting overdue payments from a credit reporting body.
- In accordance with the provisions of s21J(1) of the Privacy Act, I/We agree that WSPL may use, give to and seek from any credit providers named in my/our application and any credit providers named by a credit reporting body, information about my/our credit arrangements. I/We understand that this information can include any information about my/our credit eligibility, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity which credit providers are allowed to give or receive from each other under the Privacy Act.
- Understand that the information about me/us disclosed to or by WSPL in accordance with this Privacy Form may be used for the following purposes:
- To assess an application by me/us for credit;
- To notify other credit providers of a default by me/us;
- To exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of my/our account where I/We am/are in default with other credit providers; and
- To assess my/our eligibility for credit.
- Understand that, if there is more than one applicant, and WSPL rejects the application, each applicant may be advised that the application has been rejected wholly or partly on the basis of credit information about me.
- Understand that the Privacy Act prohibits WSPL from disclosing any part of my/our credit information to any other person.